The Aaliyah for M.A.C collection, like the M.A.C x Selena collection, started out as a fan-driven change.org petition that was eventually endorsed by her brother, Rashad Haughton, her friend Missy.
Start saving up for next summer: MAC Cosmetics is releasing a new makeup collection inspired by the late R&B star Aaliyah.
- MAC Cosmetic will drop fan-driven cosmetic line, 'Aaliyah For Mac.' Aaliyah was taken from the world very early. Her music was revolutionary in the way it blended pop, R&B and hip hop simultaneously.
- Three years ago, fans of the late music artist Aaliyah began calling for a collaboration with MAC. An onslaught of social media posts sent the idea trending online — there were even product mock.
- A post shared by Aaliyah For MAC (@aaliyahformac) on Nov 15, 2016 at 10:27pm PST. If you remember, this is exactly how the M.A.C x Selana collection came about. The collection will be released this summer (2018), so we still have a ways to go.
- It's been a long time coming, but the highly anticipated MAC x Aaliyah collection is finally here. Last August, MAC announced it would be releasing a collection in honor of the late star, and now.
After a Change.org petition popped up two years ago, a campaign urging the makeup company to honor the late singer, backed by her brother Rashad Haughton, picked up steam and garnered more than 26,000 signatures.
It was enough to sway the brand, which announced Thursday that it will release a collection in summer 2018.
The actress and singer, best known for hit songs Are You That Somebody and Rock the Boat, died in a tragic plane crash in 2001 at 22.
The brand posthumously paid tribute to another icon last year with the Mac Selena line, also the result of a fan petition, modeled after the late Selena Quintanilla who was known for her winged eyeliner and red lips.
MAC honors late singer Selena with new line
MAC has been honing in on #BlackGirlMagic this year, collaborating with rapper Nicki Minaj as well as actress Taraji P. Henson on her own collection and a Viva Glam campaign.
Minaj is coming out with two nude lipsticks, and teased a 'big surprise announcement' with the brand on Instagram Tuesday.
Henson's first solo MAC collection, which featured highlighters, lipstick and eyeliner, sold out shortly after its launch. The brand recently announced its second installment of her Viva Glam campaign, this time showcasing a bronze lipgloss and lipstick.
If the Aaliyah collection is anything like Henson's or Minaj's debuts, we can expect some brown and black girl-friendly nude lipsticks, a smoky black eyeliner or a bold, glossy red lip.
Aaliyah Mac Eyeshadow
Who's ready for next summer?
Beyoncé remembers Aaliyah with throwback MTV clip
Aaliyah biopic scores 3.2 million viewers
Aaliyah For Mac Cosmetics
Welcome! Meredith collects data to deliver the best content, services, and personalized digital ads. We partner with third party advertisers, who may use tracking technologies to collect information about your activity on sites and applications across devices, both on our sites and across the Internet.
By clicking continue below and using our sites or applications, you agree that we and our third party advertisers can:
Aaliyah For Mac Specktra
- transfer your personal data to the United States or other countries, and