- Airdrop For Mac Not Working
- Airdrop Download For Mac Os X
- Airdrop Macbook
- Download Airdrop For Mac
- Airdrop For Mac App
To AirDrop files between an iOS device and a Mac (or vice versa), your Mac has to be made in 2012 (or later) and it must be running OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later. On your Mac, when the notification is displayed, click Open it to open the file. If you don’t want to open the file, it will be saved to your Downloads folder. What to do if AirDrop doesn’t work on your Mac. If AirDrop doesn’t work, try switching Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off and then on again. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your Mac. Complete guide for Apple's iPhone, Mac, iPad and iPod. Learn how to AirDrop on all devices with step by step instructions and screenshots. IPhone users generally have to depend on third-party services such as Dropbox or else use iCloud or iTunes. Apple’s AirDrop is one of the fastest and most convenient ways to use wirelessly send files from iPhone to Mac.
AirDrop is a service that Apple added to iOS and Mac devices to share files since iOS 7 and Mac OS X lion (10/7). By using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, AirDrop enables you to transfer files from iPhone to Mac in a wireless way. This post tells you how to use AirDrop and an AirDrop alternative to transfer files from iPhone to Mac, including all the models of Mac computer such as iMac, Mac Pro, Mac mini, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, etc. Meanwhile, this post also provides you solutions for some common problems you may meet when using AirDrop. Let’s see in 3 parts.
Part 1: How to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac Directly
Normally, it is pretty simple to share files from iPhone to Mac after turning on AirDrop on both of your iPhone and Mac computer. Follow the steps below to see how to turn on AirDrop on Mac/MacBook/iMac/iPhone and then AirDrop iPhone to Mac.
Step 1. Turn on AirDrop on Mac
First of all, you should turn on AirDrop on Mac computer. Well, how to turn on AirDrop on Mac/MacBook/iMac? Turn on Wi-Fi. Open a Finder window and choose 'AirDrop' from the sidebar > Check the box of 'Allow me to be discovered by:'. > Select either 'Everyone' or 'Contacts Only'. Please note that always keep the Finder window open as it enables AirDrop.
How to AirDrop iPhone to Mac - Turn on AirDrop on Mac
Step 2. Turn on AirDrop on iPhone
Generally speaking, AirDrop would be automatically turned on if you have turned on your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your iPhone. If not, you can turn on AirDrop on iPhone’s Control Center. Some users reported that AirDrop is missing on iOS 11, actually, it still there. Here are detailed steps to turn on it:
1. Sweep up from the bottom of your iPhone's screen to open Control Center.
2. Long press the square as we show. Then a window will pop up. Tap on AirDrop to turn it on.
3. Select Only Contacts or Everyone.
How to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac - Turn on AirDrop on iPhone
Step 3. AirDrop iPhone to Mac
1. Wait a few seconds then the Mac with AirDrop enabled will appear in the list.
2. Tap on that Mac/User ID to immediately start sending data to the Mac.
Part 2: How to Share Files from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop Alternative
The file types that you can share from iPhone to Mac computer via AirDrop are limited. AirDrop only supports sharing photos, videos, and locations. What’s more, it only supports sharing one type of data at once, and both your iPhone and Computer need to have the feature of AirDrop, however, not all iPhones support it.
Therefore, if you want to share data like music, contacts, notes, videos, ringtones and more from iPhone to Mac at the same time, here is a better option - using - AnyTrans, which allows you to transfer or backup iOS contents from iPhone to computer and also fitted with other features like:
1. It supports transferring almost all kinds of data from iPhone to computer, like music, contacts, photos, live photos, videos, notes, ringtones, messages and so on. And, the vice versa, that is to say you can use it to sync or transfer data from computer to iPhone without iTunes.
2. Besides transferring data from iPhone to computer, AnyTrans also supports transferring data between iOS devices, between iOS device and iTunes Library, from iOS device to iCloud, between computer and iCloud, and even from Android to iOS.
3. It transfers data with fast speed. It would only take 5 minutes to transfer 3000 photos with original resolution. It is developed by an Apple certificated developer and also Norton and McAfee secured, which means there is no risk of information leakage.
4. It is easy to operate. Both of basic and advanced users can use it without any problem. It works well on both Mac and PC computer, and supports all iPhones, iPads and iPods.
Now, download AnyTrans and follow steps below to share files from iPhone to Mac.
Step 1. Install AnyTrans on your Mac computer and connect your iPhone with USB cable. Scroll down to the category page.
How to Share Files from iPhone to Mac via Airdrop Alternative - Step 1
Step 2. There are many types of data you can choose, here take photos for example. Click on Photos. Select Photo library for example.
How to AirDrop Photos from iPhone to Mac via Airdrop Alternative - Step 2
Step 3. Select the photos you want to send to computer, and then click on the To Computer icon to start the transfer process. It will be finished just in seconds.
How to AirDrop Photos from iPhone to Mac via Airdrop Alternative - Step 3
Then you can open the export folder to check these photos.
Note: As you can see, you can also use this AirDrop alternative to share photos or other data from iPhone to another iOS device, to iCloud directly. If you want to do that, here are some articles can help you make it with ease:
Part 3: Problems You May Meet When Using AirDrop
There are some problems that you may encounter when you AirDrop from iPhone to MacBook, including AirDrop not showing up in Control Center, can’t AirDrop music, Mac can't find iPhone and so on. If you encounter one of them, please keep reading, you can find the solution.
1. AirDrop not showing up in Control Center.
Some iPhone/iPad users reported that they couldn’t find AirDrop in Control center. Actually, it’s just a common issue that can be easily fixed. Just got to Settings app and find Restrictions item to allow AirDrop service running on your iPhone.
2. AirDrop not showing up in finder.
There are only specific Mac models that could be compatible to use AirDrop. If AirDrop doesn't show up in finder, maybe it is the Mac you have is not compatible with AirDrop. Below is the list of Mac models which support AirDrop.
MacBook Pro (Late 2008 or newer), MacBook Air (Late 2010 or Newer), MacBook (Late 2008 or newer, iMac (Early 2009 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer), Mac Pro (Early 2009 with Airport Extreme card or Mid 2010).
As for other Mac computers, as long as the Mac is vaguely modern with a somewhat recent Mac OS or Mac OS X release that has Bluetooth, AirDrop works just fine without hassle.
3. Mac can't find iPhone.
Airdrop For Mac Not Working
If Mac can't find iPhone, please try to restart both devices. If not working, then make sure AirDrop is set to 'Everyone' instead of 'Contacts Only'.
4. Can’t AirDrop Music.
This is one problem that you cannot solve because Apple doesn’t allow you to share music directly from iPhone to another place via AirDrop. The file types that you can share via AirDrop are limited actually. AirDrop only supports sharing photos, videos, locations, under this circumstances, you can use a professional transfer tool, such as AnyTrans – transfer 20+ file types.
5. Some other problems.
You may drop into some other troubles when using AirDrop. You can read our previous post, AirDrop Not Working, which shows you some basic tips to fix issue of AirDrop not working on your iPhone.
The Bottom Line
That's all for how to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac and the introduction of an AirDrop alternative - AnyTrans. If you find this post helps, please give this article a like or share it with others. At last, don't forget to download it to have a try. It won’t let you done.
One of the easiest way to transfer files, photos and videos from Mac to iPhone is by making use of the AirDrop feature. You will find below the steps to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone.
Requirements to AirDrop From Mac to iPhone, iPad or iPod.
Before going ahead with the steps to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone, make sure that your iPhone and Mac fulfill the following requirements.
- Your computer needs to be a 2012 or later version of Mac, running at least OS X Yosemite or later version of macOS.
- iPhone 5 or later, iPad 4 or later and iPod 5th generation or newer
- iPhone, iPad or iPod must be within 30 feet of your Mac and must be Powered ON
- Both Mac and iPhone/iPad/iPod must have WiFi and Bluetooth turned on
- In case you had created a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone, you will need to disable it.
Also, it is a good idea to sign-in to your Mac and iPhone using the same Apple ID.
While signing in with the same Apple ID is not a requirement, it is recommended because if you are not signed in with the same Apple ID you will be required to approve the file transfer, each time you try to AirDrop something from Mac to iPhone.
AirDrop From Mac to iPhone
The procedure to setup your Mac and iPhone to use the AirDrop feature involves the following steps.
- Enable WiFi/Bluetooth on Mac and iPhone
- Setup iPhone to use AirDrop
- Setup Mac to Use AirDrop
Enable WiFi/Bluetooth on Mac and iPhone
As mentioned above, you will first need to enable both WiFi and Bluetooth networks on your iPhone and Mac, in order to make use of the AirDrop feature.
1. Open the Control Center on your iPhone by swiping up on the screen of your iPhone. On the Control Center, tap on WiFi and Bluetooth icons to enable them.
2. Click on the Finder icon on your Mac.
3. Next, click on the Go option from the top menu bar on your Mac and then click on AirDrop in the drop-down menu that appears (See image below).
4. On the next screen, click on Turn On WiFi and Bluetooth button
In case WiFi is already enabled on your Mac, you will see Turn on Bluetooth button. Similarly, in case Bluetooth is enabled on your Mac, you will see Turn ON WiFi button.
In case both WiFi and Bluetooth have been enabled on your Mac, you will not see Turn ON WiFi or Turn ON Bluetooth buttons.
Setup iPhone to Use AirDrop
After enabling WiFi and Bluetooth Networks on your iPhone and Mac, follow the steps below to setup your iPhone to receive Data from Mac using the AirDrop feature.
1. On your iPhone, swipe up from the bottom of the screen in order to open Control Center.
2. On the Control Center screen, tap and hold on the Networks widget in order to expand it.
3. In the expanded Networks Widget, tap on the AirDrop icon.
4. On the next menu, tap on Everyone (See image below).
Setup Mac to Use AirDrop
Airdrop Download For Mac Os X
Follow the steps below to Setup Mac to transfer data to your iPhone using the AirDrop feature
1. Click on the Finder icon located in the Dock on your Mac.
2. Next, click on the Go option in the top menu bar and then click on AirDrop in the Menu that appears (See image below).
3. On the AirDrop screen, you should be able to see your iPhone, iPad or iPod listed (See image below)
Note: In case your device is not listed, try unlocking your iPhone and see if it is now listed.
Now you are all setup and ready to Share Data between your Mac and iPhone.
Transfer From Mac to iPhone Using AirDrop
Once your Mac and iPhone are setup to use AirDrop, it becomes really easy to transfer Files, Photos, Videos and other Data from Mac to iPhone.
1. Click on the Finder icon located in the Dock of your Mac.
2. Next, click on the AirDrop option located in the left menu bar in the Finder window (See image below)
3. Now, select the File, Photo or Video on your Mac that you want to transfer to iPhone and drag/drop them into the iPhone’s circle (See above image).
AirDrop Photos, Videos, Notes From Mac to iPhone
The AirDrop feature is built-in to some of the commonly used Apps like Photos, Notes and Safari. This means that you can transfer Photos, Videos and Notes from Mac to iPhone without having to open the Finder window.
Download Airdrop For Mac
1. Open the Photos app on your Mac.
2. Select all the Photos or videos that you want to AirDrop to iPhone
3. After selecting photos/videos, click on the Share icon located in the top left corner of the window (See image below)
Airdrop For Mac App
4. From the drop-down menu that appears, click on AirDrop
5. On the ensuing pop-up, click on your iPhone (See image below)
The selected Photos will be magically transferred to your iPhone.