Google Chromecast has been revolutionary. Before the advent of Chromecast, watching things on your television was a lot more complicated. Often flash drives were needed, or data required to be sent or transferred somehow. Chromecast, however, is a game-changer. Chromecast on Mac lets you wirelessly broadcast media from your Mac to your TV.
It is super easy to set up and easily one of the most innovative things regarding television in recent times. Today, We will show you exactly how to set up Chromecast on Mac and get it running. We will also show you some alternatives to Chromecast.
- 2 Set Up Chromecast on Mac
- 3 Alternatives to Chromecast
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Requirements of Chromecast –
How Do I Setup My Chromecast on Mac? To set up the Google Chromecast on Mac computer, you first need to have the quality WiFi connection and the latest Chrome browser. Once you have those, just go through the below-mentioned steps to manage Chromecast Audio or Video devices. Google Chromecast is an inexpensive device that allows you to Cast YouTube Videos, Movies and more from your mobile device or Computer on to the larger screen of your Home Television. You will find below the steps to Setup and Use Chromecast on Mac. What is required to Use Chromecast On Mac It is. For most Mac users, a trickier issue than how to use Chromecast on Mac is making sure that their laptop or desktop is functioning in such a way that allows for smooth and seamless playback. Two common issues when streaming from Chromecast to Mac include poor audio and video that jumps and stutters or plays in low quality.
Chromecast has some prior requirements that you must complete. Please make sure you have them before proceeding to set it up.
Please make sure you have the following –
- Google Chromecast
- Macbook with chrome installed
- A TV
- Working WiFi
Once you have checked off this list, proceed below to follow the super simple steps to start watching your movies!
Set Up Chromecast on Mac
Step One: The basics
Your Google Chromecast box will contain a variety of essential things within it. It will have USB Type And USB Type micro B cable as well. You should also find an HDMI dongle and Short Extension Cable. Before you can start using the Chromecast for Mac, physical set up and the software set up needs to be completed. Make sure you find all the necessary things in your Google Chromecast box.
Connect Chromecast to TV: You need to find your TV’s HDMI Socket. It should either be in the back or the side. It depends on your TV’s model. Connect Chromecast at this slot. Next, Insert USB Micro-B connector into the Dongle.
The USB Type-A connector goes into a spare USB slot in the back of your TV. You can also use the extender cable for the HDMI which is included in the box. Use it in case you are unable to reach all the places.
This should give you some room. Now, you can Turn on the TV! Please make sure that the input source to the HDMI Channel is the same as the socket. Now, we move on to the next step.
Step Two: Setting up the Chromecast on Mac
Chromecast Setup Mac Pro
Next, you need to connect your Mac to the same WiFi Connection to which your Chromecast is connected. This is very important. You need to make sure that your network does not fluctuate or this could cause playback issues for the Chromecast.
Now, on your Mac, open your Chrome web browser and go to this site: https://www.google.com/chromecast/setup/
Since you are on the Mac, click the Download button on the right side. It will prompt you for Terms and Conditions, Accept and Install the app. After the app is installed, run it, and it will scan your network for any available Chromecast Devices. Remember, for the scan to accurately locate your Chromecast, you should have your Chromecast for Mac on the same network.
You should also make sure you are sitting close to it. Sometimes your router or your Mac’s network settings can cause you not to find your Chromecast. Just change your WiFi network to 2.4 GHz mode instead of 5GHZ or mixed.
After you locate the Chromecast, tap on the blue set up button. Now click the applicable setup and then select your country from the dropdown list. Now, your Chromecast App should display a number or code. Make sure this is the same number which is appearing on your TV.
Make sure you check it multiple times. Once you have checked it, you can click on “that’s my code”. Doing this will directly connect you and display a message, “Congratulations! You are ready to cast”.
Step Three: The Browser Extension
Once you have received the congratulations, you will also be prompted to install the browser extension on chrome. Just click on the blue “Get Cast Extension” button and then add it. After that, it will Install and Confirm. You should see the new extension on your browser afterward.
Step Four: How to use the Chromecast for Mac
Using the Chromecast on Mac is very simple. Chromecast for Mac is created for convenience and quickly lets you broadcast or cast media onto your TV.
When you are using your Chrome Browser on Mac, you can press the cast extension on the toolbar. This will begin casting the entire browser on your TV! That includes anything you may be watching. You can also cast movies and shows.
Alternatives to Chromecast
For some reason, maybe you do not want Chromecast on Mac, whatever it may be, there are tons of fantastic Alternatives to Chromecast. All of these alternatives are convenient and easy to use.
Chrome Cast Setup For Macbook
1. Amazon Fire TV
This is an excellent alternative for people who do not want to get Chromecast, and it even has the Alexa remote thrown in.
2. Roku Streaming Stick
This is a real value dongle. It provides an excellent and crisp experience.
3. Fire TV Cube by Amazon
This device is also powered by Alexa. It allows you to use your TV without using your hands.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which Apps Can be Streamed by Using Chromecast?
Answer – The list of apps supported by Chromecast is a constantly changing one. It also depends on the country you are in. But generally, it supports most apps like BBC iPlayer, Google Play Music, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, Netflix, Pandora, Plex, PostTV, RealPlayer Cloud, Red Bull TV, Songza, Vevo, Viki, YouTube.
But do not worry, this list does not end here. Many apps and sites today allow you to cast the media on your TV. Most of these options are included directly in the site’s media player as well.
Question – Is VLC to Chromecast Mac possible?
Answer –At the moment, this does not seem viable. There are many alternative apps to VLC that more or less have the same features. They will allow you to cast them whenever you wish.
Some Performance Tips
While most of the time Chromecast works well, but sometimes the quality can vary. The quality of the stream can get affected by a lot of things. Remember, it is still live-streamed to your chromecast, so it depends on how fast your internet connection is as well.
It is also a good idea to always use a site with native chromecast support. Sites like Netflix, Prime, and Youtube, will always work well. Direct streaming media is also better, which will conserve the quality of the stream. It will always be better than streaming via browsers or tabs.
Streaming lost files from Mac
You can retrieve your lost or deleted files using Disk Drill. Disk Drill recovers lost data from within your device. It does so with the help of iTunes backups. So if you ever delete something and you want to stream that to your Chromecast, you can always use DiskDrill.
Just recover the required files and start streaming from your Mac to your Chromecast usually. Disk Drill works on videos, photos, files, etc. and it is free. It also offers tons of other cool features to help protect and backup your data.
Must Check Out –
We hope that our guide on Chromecast on Mac helped you! Enjoy your streaming!
Chromecast is an excellent tool for streaming digital media from your mobile/tablet/PC or even third-party services like Netflix and Amazon Prime. It is not only cost efficient but provides a complete media experience. Before you can use this service though, you need to learn to set it up for your device – Windows, Android or iPhone. Here you can learn how to setup the Chromecast device in a few simple steps.
Chromecast App Mac
Once you’ve bought your Chromecast device, there’s no stopping you from accessing the enormous world of digital media. An extension, known as the Chromecast extension, enables your PC to cast digital media on to your TV using the Chromecast device, through the Google Chrome browser.
Setup Chromecast on Windows, MAC, and Android:
- The first step is to plug your Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your TV along with plugging the USB wire into its respective port.
- If you are using a tablet/mobile, visit the Google Play Store/ Apple App Store and install the Google Home App onto your device. In the case of a PC, the Chromecast can be accessed directly using the Google Chrome browser.
- Using the application you just installed, or the Chrome browser, depending on the device you want to stream content from, visit the Google Chromecast website.
- Now, you need to select the ‘Devices’ under ‘Google Home’ from the upper right-hand corner of the window.
- When you click on the ‘Set Up’ option, a similar code should be displayed on your TV screen and application/ browser window.
- Enter the given code carefully into the required field and select the name of your device from the list.
- Make sure that your Chromecast device is connected to the internet. Now the only thing left to do in Sign In to your Google account and you’re good to go.
Also Read:Chromecast Alternatives
Steps to Setup Chromecast on iPhone and iPad:
- Chromecast.com/setup on your iPhone or iPad, the first step is to visit the Apple App Store and install the Google Home App for iOS onto your device.
- Once you launch the app after installation, you will see a ‘Devices’ section. Select this option.
- Click on the ‘Add New Device’ option and now you can begin to set up your device.
- As we had done in case of Android, a code will be displayed on your TV as well as your App screen. Verify this code by entering into the required field.
- The next few steps will lead you to choose basic settings like choosing your country and changing the name of your Chromecast device.
- Make sure that your Chromecast device is connected to your home’s Wi-Fi connection. You will manually have to choose the Wi-Fi SSID from the ‘Wi-Fi Network Settings’ since the Google Home App for iOS does not have the permission to obtain this password directly.
- Log In to your Google account and choose the ‘Cast’ option from the app.
- Stream unlimited movies, TV shows or any other media on your TV.