1. If DVD Player on Mac Not Permitted Certain DVDs
- External DVD Drive, Amicool USB 3.0 Type-C CD DVD +/-RW Optical Drive USB C Burner Slim CD/DVD ROM Rewriter Writer Reader Portable for PC Laptop Desktop MacBook Mac Windows 7/8.1/10 Linux OS Apple.
- VideoLAN, VLC, VLC media player and x264 are trademarks internationally registered by the VideoLAN non-profit organization. VideoLAN software is licensed under various open-source licenses: use and distribution are defined by each software license. Design by Made By Argon. Some icons are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0+.
- Play a DVD through your Mac's optical drive Playing a DVD on a Mac that has an integrated optical drive couldn't be easier. Insert the DVD into the SuperDrive; the DVD Player app should open.
- Shop for macbook pro dvd drive at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. ' Worked on both my Mac and PC.haven't used it yet but will have to since my new computer has no DVD player and I might just need it to install programs. I bought two dvd readers for mac book use.
Dvd Player For Macbook Pro
'When commercial DVD (NTSC) inserted into MacBook Pro DVD Player, 'Not Permitted' and 'Supported Disk Not Available' error messages are displayed when I attempted to play the DVD. DVD plays normally when inserted in a different player.'
'Some brand new DVDs just purchased will not play...it opens to the first screen, freezes on the title (there is no menu on the DVD) with the words 'PLAY' in the bottom right corner and when I press play or skip or anything, it reads 'Not Permitted'.
'I have a disc that is region 2 and my dvd player says 'Not Permitted' when I try to change it to region 2.'
If the DVD player not permitted part of your DVDs, but worked well with others, there are two reasons.
Oct 09, 2017 A CD or DVD recorder. If your Mac was built before 2011, it will already have an internal Apple SuperDrive (or if it’s really old, an Apple Combo drive) which can burn CDs and DVDs. However, since the beginning of 2011, Apple phased them out.
Dvd Player For Macbook Air
First, the DVD protection is not supported:
The most common protection is the region code. Commercial DVDs are protected with respective region codes based on different areas. If Apple's DVD player doesn't match the disc's regions, it will not permit the playback of the disc (Apple DVD player can change its region for 5 times only). In addition, DVD players are designed to cope with common protections. But there are some newer schemes that older Macs fail to read.
Second, the DVD type is not supported:
• Brand of DVD - DVDs from Memorex, NoName, and some other unreliable no-name brands are cheap but may cause problems.
• Type of DVD - many older DVD players won't play DVD+R media. You'd better have a newer DVD player.
• Burn speed - if users burn DVD themselves, you'd better slow down the speed to x2 or max x4, or the DVD player may not permit.
• Bad DVD - the DVD is scratched, damaged or corrupted in any way.
To fix 'Apple DVD player not permitted' error due to protection or unsupported disc types, you can convert the DVD into video files for Mac. Considering the two disc characteristics (protection & special types), you can use MacX DVD Ripper Pro.
MacX DVD Ripper Pro - Digitize Protected and Unsupported DVDs
- Fully support almost all of the DVD restrictions including region codes, RCE, CSS, Disney-X project, Sony ARccOS, UOPs, etc. and upgrade monthly to catch up with the latest schemes.
- Provide wide support for DVD+/-RW, NTSC/PAL formats, damaged/unreadable discs, poorly burned DVDs, 99-title discs, discs from any studios, etc.
- Convert DVDs into MP4, MOV, MKV, HEVC, H.264, AVI, WMV, ISO, MEPG, etc. for permitted video on Mac DVD players, PCs, players, iPhone, iPad, Samsung, HDTV, consoles, etc.
Download MacX DVD Ripper Pro macOS version to convert DVD on Mac
Download MacX DVD Ripper Pro Windows version to convert DVD on PC
Step 1. Run MacX DVD Ripper Pro and insert the disc into Mac disk drive. Ingore Mac DVD player and click the Disc button on the interface to load the DVD info. The program will detect the correct title automatically.
Step 2. Then a window as shown above will pop up asking you to select an output format. To play the output video file on Mac, you can convert DVD to MOV by General Profiles > MOV Video > Done. You can also select other formats like MKV, MP4, HEVC, AVI, iPhone, iPad, Huawei, etc. as you need.
Step 3. Back to the main interface, enable the Safe Mode box on the right lower part. This feature will let you get rid of any ripping errors when converting a 'hard' DVD. Then click Run and after minutes, you can play the DVD without DVD player not permitted error on Mac.