- Question: Q: microsoft entourage 2008 to outlook 2016. I just bought a MacBookPro. I have Microsoft Office 2016 installed on it and I wish to use Outlook. However you are using a Mac and Microsoft slime balls that they are do not allow Entourage nor even Outlook on the Mac to create PST files.
- I was using Microsoft Entourage for my emails on Mac book pro and recently upgraded the software to OS X and thereafter Entourage stopped working.How can I import all my emails,folders,address book.
- Outlook, Outlook for Mac, and Entourage Version and Features Comparison Chart Revision 15 posted to TechNet Articles by Peter Geelen on 6/22/2016 9:31:21 AM This Exchange TechNet Wiki page includes a table that compares features between Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2011 for Mac and Entourage 2008 (EWS Edition).
- Office 365 customers get the new Office for Mac first. You’ll have Office applications on your Mac or PC, apps on tablets and smartphones for when you're on the go, and Office Online on the web for everywhere in between.
Are you using Entourage for email, and Time Machine for backup?
Mac Entourage provides support only for Mac OS, which makes its use limited. The users find it difficult to access the mailbox on some other platforms. Due to this platform dependency, the users find it meaningful to switch to other wider email application.
Entourage stores all email in one giant database, which gets bigger every time you get or send an email. And having a big database means frequent database corruption.
Time Machine backs up everything new once an hour, which means Entourage can take up lots of space on your Time Machine drive. Plus if you’re using your Entourage database, the Time Machine backup is not always reliable.
So how do you back up your Entourage email on your Mac?
Once a week (or however often you feel comfortable), you should back up your Entourage database to another location on your computer. That way, Time Machine can back up the mail database properly. Here’s how.
1. Quit out of Entourage.
2. Go into your Home folder, and then into your Documents folder. In there is a folder called Microsoft User Data. Open that folder.
Entourage For Mac Download
3. Inside you’ll find a folder called Office 2008 identities (or Office 2004 Identities, if you’re still on 2004.) Go inside that folder.
4. You’ll see a folder called Main Identity, or possibly you will have multiple folders that say Main Identity 1 and Main Identity 2 and so on. If you have multiple folders, you need to figure out which one has your current email database. Do this by opening each folder, and finding the file called Database that has today’s date.
Microsoft Entourage For Mac Os X
5. Once you’ve figured out which Main Identity folder holds your current database, you want to copy that entire Main Identity folder. Hold down the Option key and then click and drag the Main Identity folder to another place in your User folder. (For example, I made a folder in my User folder called Backups, and I put all my Entourage backups there.)
6. Once the folder copies over, you want to rename it, so that Entourage doesn’t get confused. Name it with today’s date and “Main Identity” or “Entourage backup”.
Entourage Office For Mac
Now Time Machine will back up your Main Identity backup folder the next time it runs. You can even keep multiple Main Identity folders, with different backup dates.
Remember that the more frequently you follow these instructions to back up your Entourage database, the less mail you will lose if your Entourage gets corrupted and you need to revert to an earlier backup.