Tux Paint is completely free software, released as “Open Source” software, under the provisions of the GNU General Public License (GPL). This means you may download it and install it on as many machines as you wish, copy it for friends and family, and give it to your local schools. In fact, we encourage this!
Tux Paint runs on most systems, but check the Requirements if you're unsure whether your system can support it.
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, 2000, & XP
- Users of Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 can download and run this simple installer application to get the full version of Tux Paint.
(A stand-alone ZIP-file version, also known as a 'Portable' version, is available, as well.)
- Apple Macintosh owners running macOS can download Tux Paint here.
- RPM Linux Packages
- Users of RedHat and Fedora Linux distributions can download Tux Paint for Intel x86 architecture (i386) or source-code in RPM format.
- Slackware Linux Packages
- Slackware users can download Tux Paint packages via SlackBuild.org.
- Android phone and tablet users can download 'Tux Paint', or install it from the F-Droid software repository.
6+ Best Photo to Painting Converter Software Download Reviews New techniques in the world of digitalization have certainly opened the door for arts and creativity. One such amazing tool that has gained popularity and demand over the past few years is a photo to painting converter. MyBrushes app is the best Mac paint tool to paint on Mac infinite canvas and PLAYBACK whole drawing. MyBrushes, an excellent paint program for Mac OS X, is a good alternative to Microsoft Paint and Apple Mac Paint. It's based on a former drawing software named Paintbrush for Mac. Another MS Paint substitute for Mac is Paint 2. The app has tools just like what Paint offers (which includes a spray can-like airbrush device) and is identically easy to use. The app incorporates the features of MS Paint, with useful features comprehensive of layers. Paint program for mac free download - Mac Informer, Pro Paint, Plopp Mac, and many more programs.
- iOS 6.0 (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad)
- iPad users with iOS 6.0 or later can download a free port called 'Tux Paint Free' from iTunes.
- iOS 4.3 (iPad)
- iPad users with iOS 4.3 or later can purchase a port called 'Tux Paint HD' from iTunes.
Paint App For Mac Free Download
- Windows 95, 98, ME
- Users of Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows ME, can download and run this simple installer application to get a Tux Paint.
(A ZIP-file version, also known as a 'Portable' version, is available, as well.)
- Debian GNU/Linux Packages
- Debian users can simply download pre-compiled Tux Paint packages for their release and architecture from their preferred Debian archive mirror. Backports of recent versions of Tux Paint for older Debian releases are also provided through backports.org.
- Ubuntu Linux Packages
- Ubuntu users can download pre-compiled Tux Paint packages for their release and architecture from Launchpad.
- OLPC XO-1 Activity
- Owners of the One Laptop per Child 'XO-1' can download a build of Tux Paint that runs on their device.
- Blackberry Playbook tablet users can download 'Tux Paint' from Blackberry World.
- FreeBSD Packages
- FreeBSD users can learn about the FreeBSD port of Tux Paint.
- pkgsrc Packages
- Users of Unix-like operating systems that use the 'pkgsrc' package management system (e.g. NetBSD) can learn about the pkgsrc packages for Tux Paint.
- Zaurus Packages
- Owners of Sharp Zaurus PDAs capable of displaying 640x480 graphics can install Tux Paint packages.
- Maemo (Nokia 770/N800/N900) Packages
- Owners of the Nokia 770 and N800 internet tablet, and N900 smartphone can download Tux Paint.
- BeOS users can download and install Tux Paint and necessary libraries here.
- OS/2 users can download pre-compiled Tux Paint for OS/2 systems.
- Other Linux and Unix users can download the source-code to compile and install Tux Paint.(Developers can get the latest from the Git source-code repository.)
- Tux Paint users who use languages requiring their own fonts can download pre-packaged TrueType Fonts for Tux Paint.
- Alternative icons for Tux Paint.
Did you know?Penguins live almost exclusively in the southern hemisphere.
Slowly and steadily MS Paint and Adobe Photoshop are being replaced by stronger and more popular freeware. Our list includes all the popular digital painting software, free download links as well as professional painting software, free download sources.
Paint Programs For Mac
These help you either convert digital images into paintings or make your own paintings from scratch using the latest tools and techs.
A sound replacement of MS Paint and other well known but cumbersome photo editing software programs, this one is a complete image editor with all the tools and presets required to edit photos, images and add loads of textures to them too.
- Compatible with almost all current Windows OS versions.
- Includes a separate Image Dropdown menu with a plethora of features.
- Pre-set shapes, lines, banners and charts.
- Tons of graph features.
2. Corel PaintShop Pro (32 Bit)
One of the few trail version software which come with complete feature sets of the real deal. This software is ideal for painting on and editing all photos and images with a touch of expertise.
- Indulge in quick fixes using the Express Lab and the Smart carver or try out the tons of different tools and options to create professional grade photos.
- Main set of tools include RAW Lab, Express Lab, Advanced Tools, Smart Carver and Integrated Tools.
This is a free to use photo editing software which supports multiple layers.
- Advanced settings to turn your images into oil paintings and sketches.
- Work on several images side by side.
- Record a history of changes and processes for easy removal of effects and edits.
- Easy shortcuts for functions.
- One touch optimizing and retouching of all images using a bunch of free and integrated tools.
4. EZ Paint
This is an extremely easy to use software which is a free alternative to MS Paint. It comes with more tools and options as well.
- Easy drawing of line, arcs, curves and accompanying editing tools.
- Has more than 30 custom built-in shapes.
- Aimed at regular users who require something more than paint but less complicated than Adobe Photoshop or Corel Draw.
- Compatible with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
5. Tux Paint
A very popular paint software which has been sought after by all young image editors, graphic designers and digital painters. The interface is extremely child-friendly and hence is very well suited for all budding talents.
- Colorful and simple interface with minimal commands.
- The bunch of features include Tux Paint Stamps, magic designs, colors, effects and a variety of brushes.
- Includes over 100 brand new stamps.
- Includes autosave and recover features.
6. Fresh paint for Windows 8
This is a free app for all windows users who want to add a touch of hand drawn painting to all their photos and images. This can edit BMP, JPEG and TIFF images without any trouble whatsoever.
- Perfect for Windows 8 users and ideal for touchscreen devices.
- Blend and mix colors to create new shades.
- Realistic painting effects.
- Fun graphical interface well suited for all age groups.
7. Tux Paint Stamps 2009-06-28
The Tux Paint Stamps are ideal for the creative souls who also love fun in art. This adds an easy charm of pop-art to your creations.
- Free and easy installation.
- A huge collection of free, cool stamps.
- Easy to access and implement.
- Compatible with Tux Paint Software (and other versions).
- Compatible with Windows 7, Windows 2000, Windows Vista and Windows 8.
8. Mario Paint Composer
This software comes with an air of creativity and freedom of exploration. This one is ideal for all the new and daring painters and designers who are looking for a lot more than MS Paint.
- This is an extremely fun way to “paint” music using symbols like flowers, automobiles, airplanes and cute hearts.
- Ideal for kids and teachers who want to add some fun to their classes.
- Authentic SNES experience.
9. TAG: The Power of Paint
A very unique creation, this gaming software is used for making all kinds of creative graphic designs. This is in sync with the growing popularity of graffiti and wall-art.
- Bold and creative way of creating new designs and clearing each level of the game.
- New tools and paint as ammo to obtain different powers and make your move.
- Jump, throw, boost your speed using different colors and by drawing different patterns.
10. PaintTool SAI
A drawing utility software which is ideal for all levels of painters and designers who use their Windows device to power their creations.
- Has all basic image editing tools including airbrushes, paintbrushes, watercolors, erasers and pencils.
- Ready to use shapes and clip-arts.
- Supported by simple interface and navigation.
- Supports PSD, JPG, BMP, SAI, PNG and TGA formats.
- Supports layers and canvases.
Paint S Mac
Here we have presented to you a huge array of software programs which revolve around painting; they include editing software as well as gaming software which use paint as a level boosting feature.