Oct 15,2019 • Filed to: Mac Tutorials
- Pdf Editing Software For Mac Free Download
- Pdf Software For Macbook Pro
- Adobe Pdf Software For Mac
- Pdf Software For Mac Os
- Best Pdf Software For Mac 2019
- Pdf Reader Software For Mac
PDF has become the most popular file format. Getting the right PDF tool for Mac OS X and Window PC can help us to edit, convert, create and share PDF without any hassle. Searching from the Internet, you will find many PDF software for Mac (Including macOS 10.15 Catalina) and Windows. But which PDF software is the best and which one can fit your need? To help you to choose the best PDF tool, here we pick up top 5 PDF software that you can use to edit PDF, convert PDF and create PDF from other formats. PDFelement Pro is on the top of the list .
Download a free trial of PDF Expert - the best PDF software for your Mac. Enjoy advanced reading layouts, powerful PDF editing and classical annotation tools. 10 Best Free MAC PDF Editor Software. Here is a list of the best free MAC PDF editor software. These help you edit PDF files on MAC. You can choose the option to annotate, bookmark, highlight text, and add comments. You can also use some of the software to edit the text and images of the PDF file, and change its layout.
1. PDFelement Pro (Mac/Windows)
PDFelement Pro is a great PDF application allowing you to make your tedious work become easy. It is an idea alternative to Adobe Acrobat, more cheaper and functional. It can give you full control on PDF files or pages. Moreover, it can also fill out your existing PDF form or create a new PDF form, and convert scanned PDF to Word and Excel files as well as PowerPoint, HTML, EPUB, image and texts.
Why Choose This PDF Software
- Edit PDF as easy as in Word and come with functional markup and annotation tools.
- Fully control PDF pages and images. Easily combine, split, and compress PDF files.
- Convert PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, Text, EPUB, HTML and other formats.
- Create PDF from existing PDF, Webpages, TEXT, and other file formats.
- The OCR feature allows you to work with scanned PDF as native PDF.
Mac Version Supports: macOS 10.15 Catalina, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, macOS 10.12 Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite.
Windows Version Supports: Windows 10, Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP.
This software is a free PDF annotation and reader for Mac that will allow you to make a number of changes digitally. It can do task such as highlighting, underlining, adding sticky notes as for better viewing of PDFs.
3. Adobe Acrobat
As a default for viewing PDF, Adobe Acrobat certainly is one of the best PDF software for viewing PDF documents. With its extensive fame, users consider it as one of their first options for editing and viewing their PDF files. There might sometimes be long loading time for this systems but it comes with great convenience. One cool feature that it offers is sticky note attachment to pages. With an upgrade to Acrobat Standard for Mac, users can even merge PDF on Mac and save it to other formats.
This PDF software allows users to converts files into industry standard PDF files with ease and precision. When all that is needed is simply editing, a PDF file or exporting it back to Excel or Word, the Nitro version of Primo can make it so much simpler to redo the work. It's Nitro version to convert a lot of files altogether or batch conversion of large files to PDF. With just a few simple clicks Mac users can combine files into easier PDF files and even make it into a searchable file.
5. Microsoft Word
The most conventional and easiest PDF program can be the total solution to PDF file management. With Microsoft word already installed in the PC, documents in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint formats can be saved in PDF format from the latest version of Microsoft Word.
These are some of the best PDF tools that can be used for Mac and Windows. With any of these PDF programs, a user can simply handle and control various PDF files.
Oct 15,2019 • Filed to: Choose Right Mac Software • Proven solutions
The PDF format is designed for sharing data. What makes PDF files so special is that they can be protected. PDF is now the standard document format for business. However, many people still want to edit documents using more familiar programs like Office or other software, which can be a problem with PDFs. That is why many people feel the need to convert PDF files, and are seeking the best PDF converter for Mac. In this article, we review, research, and list the top 15 PDF converters for Mac.
10 Best PDF Converter Tools for macOS (including Mojave)
One of the best alternatives to Adobe Acrobat is PDFelement. It helps you maximize your productivity and is trusted by more than 350,000 business professionals worldwide.
Some of the benefits include flexible volume licensing options, special discounts for education and non-profit organizations, and reliable tech support that is dedicated to provide assistance 24x7. Also it supports the latest macOS 10.15 Catalina. PDFelement comes with a number of features that are specially designed to simplify your tasks. The Pro version comes with even more PDF editing tools, including OCR technology, and batch processing capabilities. It also includes text/image redaction, and some advanced form creation tools.
Benefits of using PDFelement:
- It includes a straightforward menu and easy access for modification. You can manage pages easily.
- PDF conversion for Mac for almost all MS Office applications.
- Fast conversion process with almost 100 pages per minute conversion rate.
- A similar editing experience to Microsoft Word.
- Protection with password and signatures to secure your PDF files.
- Allows for e-signatures and password encryption of files.
- Includes a clean interface and numerous support options that will make the software extremely easy to learn and use.
2. Soda PDF
Soda PDF is a premium and easy-to-navigate product for PDF editing. It is available in eight different languages. The product comes with all basic PDF editing tools such as conversion, creation, and editing features. It has a modern interface, and you can access the software from any web-enabled device. You can use it on your desktop or on your mobile phone. It also includes the ability to create PDFs from templates, an offers reviewing and annotation tools like stamps and sticky notes.
- Clean interface with various support options.
- You can install only the modules you need, meaning you pay only for the necessary features.
- Includes a support section with searchable FAQs, video tutorials, webinars and online user manual.
- Some features need to be purchased separately.
- The cost is a bit high compared to other PDF editing products.
Price: $84 yearly
3. Adobe® Acrobat® DC Pro
Adobe was a founder of the PDF format, and it continues to evolve with every new product. Adobe® Acrobat® DC Pro comes with a touch-enabled interface, and a new document cloud online service that gives you access to files through mobile apps and web browser.
The new version might be simple to understand, but the subscription service is more complicated. Basically, if you have an existing Creative Cloud subscription, you will get the DC at no extra charge. You can buy the subscription, and there is a Perpetual licensing option.
- It includes many advanced features.
- Creating and merging PDFs has never been easier.
- You can remove or add pages to an existing PDF.
- The list window that pops up when you open the program or close a PDF can be frustrating.
- OCR starts up automatically, even if you do not want to perform OCR on your file.
- You cannot replace an image in Edit PDF mode to appear on the same spot and location.
- The Adobe customer support is disappointing.
Price: $155.88 per year for Standard, or $179.88 per year for Pro
Get the best Adobe Acrobat DC Pro alternative at a much lower price:
4. Adobe® Acrobat® XI Pro for Mac
Adobe has ended support for Adobe® Acrobat® XI. This means that the company will no longer provide security updates or bug fixes. Because of this, Adobe Acrobat Pro XI can feel a bit outdated, since it's now become much more than just a PDF conversion tool. Click here to choose the best alternatives to Adobe Acrobat.
- It has great merging abilities, with the ability to preview most documents and rearrange them.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro XI allows you to create digital signatures.
- The price is very high compared to other options.
- The Adobe customer support is not ideal.
Price: £453, Upgrade from £194
This PDF editor is a functional and powerful application. The user interface is not as good as other programs, but the tool is generally easy to use. Some of the advanced features will satisfy even more advanced PDF users. It has many of the same features that Adobe Acrobat has at a much lower price.
- Offers all of the basics for text and graphic editing.
- Includes a convenient drag and drop option.
- Highly affordable price.
- Some features are not intuitive.
- It is difficult to add lines of different weights or text boxes with different font sizes.
- It doesn't save data in a fillable PDF form.
- There is a learning curve with each new update.
Price: $74.95 for a single license upgrade, $124.95 for the Pro version
6. Master PDF Editor
This is a straightforward and easy to use application that lets you work with PDF documents. You can view, create, and modify documents as well as merge several files into one. The interface is plain and simple, with anyone being able to navigate through it. You can easily set bookmarks, add attachments, view file properties, use the copy and paste function, delete pages, insert blank pages, and more.
- Runs on moderate amount of system resources, making it possible for users with slower PC to operate.
- Print documents with a virtual PDF printer from different applications like Word, Excel, OpenOffice.
- You can import PDF only via browser, drag and drop not supported.
- Lack of advanced converting options.
Price: $49.95, with a volume discount available
7. Nuance PDF Converter for Mac
Nuance PDF Converter for Mac provides a host of affordable features regarding PDF conversion for Mac users. This PDF Converter for Mac is designed for increased productivity and effortless conversion of various formats into PDF. Also it is embedded with lots of other practical features for paperless work.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Office documents which will fully supported by iWork.
- Also enables PDF conversions to editable format using OCR.
- Allows editing and sharing of PDF documents in secure environment.
- Does not offer innovative editing options.
8. PDF Expert
This is one of the fastest PDF products on the market. It works nearly five times faster than Adobe at processing PDF documents. However, PDF Expert is not overloaded with features, even though it can easily get the job done. You can search for something with just one click without having to dig through a ton of features. This program is excellent for syncing PDF with Dropbox and other cloud services. You can even store files offline. It's nearly perfect as a PDF program, but one of its biggest flaw is the lack of a conversion feature.
- It comes at a relatively cheap price when compared to other products.
- Has all the basic features you need on a simple interface.
- Includes indexing for faster and easier searching.
- Lack of a conversion feature.
- Using Apple Pencil is not as sleek as some would like it to be. You need an extra step (screen tap) for the app to recognize you want to draw or write.
Get the best PDF Expert alternative with the same features:
9. Foxit Phantom
Foxit Phantom PDF is a great PDF conversion software that can handle multiple languages. Foxit Phantom PDF lets you edit, annotate, and convert PDFs. The familiar interface makes it easy for people to learn how to use it. And because of its multilingual capabilities, Foxit is perfect for international businesses.
Pdf Editing Software For Mac Free Download
- Has a wide palette of editing features available.
- You can combine multiple PDF documents into one and rearrange the pages.
- There is a bit of a learning curve.
- The support has a slow response time.
- Lack of comprehensive support network.
- You must download a module for OCR technology.
Price: $9 per month or $139 one time
10. Preview PDF
This is the PDF converter Apple has installed in the Mac OC as a default application. With Preview, you can edit and view images in addition to PDF files. It is a basic PDF editor, but has much more advanced features. For example, you can also use the program to digitally sign documents and add and edit hyperlinks in a PDF file. One of the unique features is the ability to sign documents with your webcam.
- Preview is extremely quick. Compared with other PDF editors, Preview will get the job done faster.
- The ability to fill out forms is impressive.
- The webcam signing process is very good. You can sign a piece of paper, hold it up to the webcam, and it will turn into a high quality signature you can use for any form.
- You can save multiple signatures.
- Only supports converting from PDF to image files like PNG and TIFF, but not Office File and so on.
- There is no option to sign documents with your trackpad.
- Lack of advanced features like OCR technology.
Other PDF Converters for Mac You Can't Miss
11. deskUNPDF for Mac
Pdf Software For Macbook Pro
deskUNPDF for Mac is an extremely user-friendly PDF Converter for Mac OS X El Capitan, which employs a host of state-of-the-art techniques to convert PDF documents with reliability and accuracy. It lets you read, edit, and convert PDF files, plus more.
- Converts PDF file formats into MS Office extensions e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- The OCR technology is incorporated.
- Enables conversion of many PDF files at the same time.
- Enables conversion of PDF documents to plain text documents.
Adobe Pdf Software For Mac
- May give you some strange formatting results.
12. Enolsoft PDF to Text for Mac
Enolsoft PDF to Text for Mac is a powerful Mac PDF Converter which allows the users to convert PDF documents into text documents (*.txt). This Mac PDF Converter uses OCR technology to transform scanned PDF documents into editable text files, thus saving you from manually having to type in the text again.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is used for accurate transformation of scanned PDF documents to text files (*.txt).
- Quick conversion of PDF pages into text documents.
- Option of selecting page range within PDF document for conversion.
- Allows batch conversion of PDF documents.
- Cannot edit PDF documents.
- Does not support the abilitiy to preview PDF documents before converting.
13. Solid PDF Converter
The main focus of this program is on bulky conversions. Solid PDF Converter can convert the PDF files in batches from one format to another. It is considered a very powerful software for macOS.
- Ideal for batch conversions
- User friendly Interface
- There aren't many options to manage PDF files.
14. Aiseesoft Mac PDF Converter Ultimate
Using this program, you can convert PDF files into Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents. It also provides a scanning option which converts scanned images into PDF files.
- Has quick conversions using batch processing
- Scanned images can be saved as PDF files
- Fully compatible with Mac systems
- A free version is not available
15. Able2Extract PDF Converter
This software can convert PDFs to Word, Excel, and PPT formats. It is fully compatible with all Mac systems. It is easy to use and manage PDF files using this application. It is also available for Windows OS.
Pdf Software For Mac Os
- Compatible with Mac
- Is a quick and easy way to convert PDFs into Word files
- Limited output formats
How to Convert PDF on Mac
Step 1. Open Your PDF in the Program
First, download the latest version of PDFelement on your Mac and launch the program. Click on the 'Open File' button and browse to select the file you want to convert into other formats.
Step 2. Edit PDF per Your Needs (Optional)
Best Pdf Software For Mac 2019
There are many options to edit text and images in PDFelement. Simply click the 'Text' button on the left toolbar and then select the text or the image that you want to edit and double tap on it. You can also add text and images into the PDF file.
To make changes to pages, go to the right side column and click the 'Organize Pages' option for editing PDF pages.
Pdf Reader Software For Mac
Step 3. Change PDF into Other Format
Converting a PDF file is an easy task with PDFelement. Once you have finished editing your PDF file, click on the 'File' > 'Export To' button and select the format you need.
Tips: If a batch of files needs to be converted, try PDFelement. Then you can click on 'Tool' > 'Batch Process' on the home page. Add the files you want to convert in the pop-up dialog box. Once you are done with that, click on the 'Apply' button to start the process.
Free DownloadFree Download or Buy PDFelementBuy PDFelement right now!