If you need access to local computing resources (such as printers, thumb drives, local hard drives, etc.), then install Citrix Workspace app on each computer that you will use to access BC Apps.
The Citrix Workspace app must be installed on each computer you want to use BC Apps on.
- Go to: http://receiver.citrix.com
- Click Download for Mac.
- Click Download Citrix Workspace app for Mac.
A file called CitrixWorkspaceApp.dmg will download to your computer.
- Open CitrixWorkspaceApp.dmg & follow the prompts to install it.
- When prompted, check Add Account, then click Continue (see Figure 1).
- On the following screen, enter https://bcapps.bc.edu,then click Add (see Figure 2).
Citrix Receiver For Mac Mojave
While you can still download older versions of Citrix Receiver, new features and enhancements will be released for Citrix Workspace app. Citrix Workspace app is a new client from Citrix that works similar to Citrix Receiver and is fully backward-compatible with your organization’s Citrix infrastructure. Citrix Receiver for Mac provides users with self-service access to resources published on XenApp or XenDesktop servers. Citrix Receiver for Mac combines ease of deployment and use, and offers quick, secure access to hosted applications and desktops. To exit the Citrix Receiver for Mac, all you have to do is log out of your Windows user profile. The Citrix Receiver for Mac is an impressive app. Even though the company does have a lot of work to do on it in order to bring it to full functionality, it’s still the best thing out there!
- When prompted, log in with your BC username and password.
- If you have previously used BC Apps on Citrix Receiver or Citrix Workspace app using this device, follow the steps in the next section to remove the legacy Citrix account.
- To view the available applications, click APPS.
- Select the application you want to open.
The app opens in a separate tab and you may begin working. Note: When you click to open a second app, a window will pop up and disappear. The second app will appear in the same tab as the first app.
- If you get a message saying there is no storage space available, log out & log back in again.
Learn about working with files (on AppsStorage.bc.edu).
Removing legacy Citrix account
If this is the first time you have set up Citrix Workspace app, you do not have to do this.
If you have previously used the Citrix Receiver or Citrix Workspace app on the device you are setting up, you will have two accounts listed in Citrix. You need to remove the old account.
- Open Citrix Workspace app & select the arrow next to your name, and select Preferences (see Figure 3).
- Check the box next to Apps, and click the minus sign to remove the old account (see Figure 4).
BCAppsStore should be your Primary account.