The Seagate 8TB Backup Plus Hub is a very appealing option for anyone that needs a large capacity device to backup their computer, and other devices. It is fast, easy to use, comes with very. Seagate Backup Plus Hub 4TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive, Black (STEL4000100) 4.44 stars. Compatible with Windows and Mac, this Seagate hard drive also works with Android and iOS devices for optimal versatility. Staples Rewards Staples Plus Staples Premium. Client ID: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-Join us On. Opens a new window. Opens a new window.
- Seagate Backup Plus Hub For Mac 4tb External Desktop Hard Drive
- Seagate Backup Plus Hub For Mac On Windows
- Seagate Backup Plus Hub Driver For Mac
- Seagate Backup Plus Hub For Mac 8tb External
Best Buy has honest and unbiased customer reviews for Seagate - Backup Plus Hub for Mac 8TB External USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - White. Read helpful reviews from our customers. Buy Seagate 4TB Backup Plus USB 3.0 External Hard Drive with USB Hub featuring 4TB Storage Capacity, 1 x Micro-USB 3.0 (Micro-B 10-pin) Port, 2 x USB 3.0 Type-A Ports, Up to 160 MB/s Data Transfer Speed, USB 2.0 Compatible, Back Up Files & Recharge Devices, Seagate Dashboard Software, Includes USB 3.0 Cable, Windows & Mac Compatible. Review Seagate null. Using the Seagate Expansion v Backup Plus on a Mac. Let me give you a guide on how easy they are to use on a Mac. Dragging and Dropping Or Copying and Pasting on your Mac. Once you format your Seagate Expansion or Backup Plus Portable for your Mac. You can copy and paste your photos, music or documents. Or use it for your Time Machine backup.
User ScoreBased on 2,049 reviews
as rated by Amazon users
- Excellent performance
- Two USB 3.0 ports on front panel
- Great price
- Runs cooler than previous Seagate drives
- Great data transfer rates
Editors Didn't Like
- Software was usable, but tripped us a little in places
- No wireless features
- Lacks RAID features
- Warranty is a bit short
Direct Competitors and Related Products
Expert reviews and ratingsBy ErgoHacks on 90
If you’re looking for large desktop storage the Backup Plus is a good economic choice by itself and the two extra USB ports are an actual value add. I’d have preferred if Seagate could have built in a sleep timer to spin down the hard disk after a time period but even with that drawback, it’s a decent buy. Recommended.By PC Authority on 80
Seagate’s new Backup Plus Hub offers vast storage via USB 3 for a very decent price.By PCAuthority on 83
Seagate’s new Backup Plus Hub offers vast storage via USB 3 for a very decent price.By TheStraitsTimes on 60
The Seagate Backup Plus Hub performs well for an external desktop drive. Its additional USB hub feature is useful too.By TweakTown on 91
With its built-in USB 3.0 hub, 8TB capacity, and solid storage performance, Seagate's Backup Plus Hub is certainly a solution worth a look.By cnet on 84
Though it has some issues with USB 2.0, the Seagate Backup Plus Hub is an excellent external storage drive for any USB 3.0 desktop computer.By GeekDad on
If you need to pick up some cheap and speedy mass storage, the Seagate Backup Plus Hub (available in 4TB, 6TB, 8TB and 10TB) capacities is worth considering—especially if your computer setup could benefit from a pair of easy access USB 3.0 ports.By VR-Zone on
Whether or not you should get the Seagate Backup Plus Hub would depend on a few factors. The first question you have to ask yourself is whether or not you need 8TB worth of memory. If you aren’t a media professional, chances are, the answer is no. The second question you have to ask yourself is whether you are a serial laptop or desktop user. I would only recommend the Backup Plus Hub for desktop users since it’s actually quite heavy. It’s portable for an 8TB external drive, but portable hard drive would be a better choice for laptop users.By BigBruin on
The Seagate 8TB Backup Plus Hub is a very appealing option for anyone that needs a large capacity device to backup their computer, and other devices. It is fast, easy to use, comes with very useful software, and the price is competitive. While testing confirmed it is definitely fast enough to use for frequent access to files you use often, I would say it is best suited for archiving files and the USB 3.0 speeds available will just make the process of getting up to 8TB backed up a quicker operation.By ChipChick on
It looks like Seagate has gotten their operating temperatures in check — under our testing, the drive only got up to 45° C, whereas some were reporting last year’s Backup Plus was getting up into the 60s. Furthermore, the increased capacities and the front-side USB 3.0 ports make the drive far more useful, and the excellent transfer speeds are what we’ve come to expect from Seagate.
In Apple support communities a number of Mac OS X users have reported that their Mac machine won’t show up Seagate Backup Plus drive. There are various reasons for this. This article gives you a brief idea about the reasons behind this problem along with the solutions.
Seagate backup plus not appearing on Mac…...
Why Seagate Backup Plus for Mac Not Recognized?
Below are the causes for Mac not recognizing Seagate backup plus.
- Problem with USB ports
- Recent OS update issue
- System failure
- Virus infection
- Motherboard issue
- External drive damage or corruption etc.
So it is suggested to check whether the power cables are connected properly or not. If so then uninterrupted power supply may not transmit power. Try by connecting the Seagate drive to all ports of Mac machine if not working then connect it to some other system and check whether it works.
If it is working well then recover your important files, documents, audios, videos, photos from Mac external hard drive. And, try the troubleshooting techniques explained in the Part 2 section of this page.
In case, your Seagate Backup Plus drive is not detected in other systems then immediately recover data from Seagate Backup Plus drive that is not detected on Mac using Remo Recover; because chances are there that you may lose data while fixing undetected Seagate backup plus drive. So, it is suggested to backup your data from Seagate backup plus drive before you start resolving the issue.
And, is this regard Remo Recover can help you. It will easily recover even your pictures from an external hard drive on Mac machines that is not showing up. This software can recover data from all Mac OS X including High Sierra, macOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.
Part 1: Recover Data from Seagate Backup Plus Drive That Is Not Detected on Mac with Remo Recover Mac
Get the free download of Remo Recover (Mac) software on your Macintosh and install it. Next, follow the below step-by-step instructions to recover data from Seagate backup plus drive that is not recognized on Mac OS X.
Mac OS X 10.5 - Leopard
Mac OS X 10.6 - Snow Leopard
Steps to recover data from unrecognized Seagate backup plus drive on Mac with Remo Recover:
1. Connect your Seagate backup plus drive to the software installed Mac, launch Remo Recover (Mac) tool and click the Recover Volumes/Drives button on the main screen.
2.Next, click on the Volumes Recovery button to recover data from Seagate backup plus drive volumes.
Seagate Backup Plus Hub For Mac 4tb External Desktop Hard Drive
3. Select the connected Seagate backup plus drive, followed by all its volumes and click “Next”.
4. If you wish you can specify file types to recover from the Seagate plus drive. Else, hit the Skip button to select all file formats by default.
5. The data recovery software deep scans the selected Seagate backup plus drive and lists all recovered files.
6. Preview recovered data and Save your required files on the Mac machine’s internal hard drive (HDD).
Note: Don’t save recovered files onto the same Seagate backup plus drive from where it is retrieved.
Now, you have your data safely recovered from the Seagate backup plus drive. So, you can start fixing Seagate backup plus drive that is not detected on Mac.
Part 2: Fix Seagate Backup Plus Drive that is Not Detected On Mac
- OpenDisk Utility and check if the external hard drive is faded or grayed out and uncountable?
- If so then connect another external drive or pen drive. This drive also grayed out and not recognized then do a proper eject from Finder Windows list
- Then restart the computer and connect the external drive again
- On Mac, go to Disk Utility and choose the external drive from the left sidebar. Then click on verify disc. This will help you to find and correct the minor errors
- Go to Mac’s Finder Menu and select Go to Finder
- Then type Seagate drive path which appears under Disk Utility and checks whether it will display your drive.
- Start Mac
- Go to Settings
- Select Finder Preferences
- Then under the General tab select the external hard drive in Show these items on the desktop
- Now reinsert the drive and check
- Open Mac
- Go to Applications then toUtilities
- Click on Disk Utilities
- From that change the format of Seagate external drive that is compatible with your Mac OS
Seagate Backup Plus Hub For Mac On Windows
Seagate Backup Plus Hub Driver For Mac
If any of the above methods didn’t help you to solve the problem, then install the fresh OS X and try. Or else connect Seagate drive to any Windows computer, delete the partition and connect back to Mac Pro.
Seagate Backup Plus Hub For Mac 8tb External
I hope your issue is resolved by using the above techniques. In case, if you have tried any other technique and successfully fixed the Seagate backup plus drive that is not recognized on Mac then you can Leave a Reply and share your solution here.