Nov 15, 2018 With a large and vibrant screen, iMac can work as a great external monitor for PC and MacBook. With Target Display Mode, it is possible to use some compatible iMac, such as 27-inch iMac in late 2009, mid 2010, as monitor for MacBook Pro/Air. How to Use iOS Device as a Second Monitor for PC or MAC. Step #1: First of all you need to install an app named Duet display on your iOS device and duet display for PC or Mac. Or you can use iDisplay. Step #2: When you’ve installed software, then Plug your device to PC or Mac, r you can either do it with same WiFi network.
- Use Mac As Monitor For Windows Laptop
- Can I Use My Mac As A Monitor For Pc
- Use Mac Desktop As Monitor For Pc
- Connect Pc To Mac Monitor
- Best Monitors For Apple Laptops
- 1 Use a PC as a Second Monitor to a Mac
- 2 Use a Samsung Monitor With a Mac
- 3 Hook Up an Alienware Laptop to an External Monitor
- 4 Connect Multiple Desktops to One Monitor & One Keyboard
While not commonly practiced due to Apple's proprietary monitor input design, an Apple monitor can be connected to a PC. Connecting an Apple monitor to one of your business PCs first requires an understanding of the different types of monitor connections that Macs and PCs use. The two most common PC monitor connection types are VGA and DVI, while Mac monitors commonly use the DisplayPort or Thunderbolt connector types.1.
Use Mac As Monitor For Windows Laptop
Shut down your computer and monitor, then disconnect your current monitor if necessary.2.
Can I Use My Mac As A Monitor For Pc
Locate the monitor cable port on the back of your PC and the Mac monitor. To identify the connector types, examine the shape of the connector, count the number of pins or holes and take note of the configuration of the pins or holes. The Mac Thunderbolt connector looks identical to the mini-DisplayPort connector, but is differentiated by a thunderbolt-shaped icon near the port.3.
Insert the Mac connector cable into its corresponding port on the monitor. If the opposite end of your Mac connector cable has pins, you will need a female Mac to PC converter, while if it has holes, you will need a male Mac to PC converter.4.
Use Mac Desktop As Monitor For Pc
Connect the PC connector cable to your computer's monitor port and examine the opposite end of your PC connector cable. If the cable has pins, you will need a Mac to PC converter with a female PC side, while if it has holes, your converter must have pins on the PC side.5.
Connect the PC cable to the converter, then connect the Mac cable. Tighten all connections if necessary, then power on your monitor and computer.
- Mac to PC monitor converter
- Mac monitor cable
- PC monitor cable
- Because there are numerous possible combinations of Mac to PC monitor connectors, confirm your connector types prior to purchasing a converter. The Mac to PC monitor converter must correspond with the male (pinned) and female (unpinned) connections of your PC and Mac cables.
- Access the display settings in the control panel to configure your monitor for optimal performance.
About the Author
Anthony Oster is a licensed professional counselor who earned his Master of Science in counseling psychology at the University of Southern Mississippi. He has served as a writer and lead video editor for a small, South Louisiana-based video production company since 2007. Oster is the co-owner of a professional photography business and advises the owner on hardware and software acquisitions for the company.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images