Jan 10, 2019 How to Set Another Browser as Default in your Mac OS X Yosemite or Later? Apple has changed its methodology to set a new default browser in Mac OS X Yosemite. Now, everyone need s to follow that to change a default browser in Mac. People keep on trying and finding a way to do the job. Most of them use safari to have this job done.
- What Is The Default Browser For Mac Osx Chrome Safari Internet Explorer Firefox
- Firefox For Mac
- What Is Default Browser Mean
Certain actions that you perform on your Mac will cause default apps to open. For example, clicking a document may open Pages. But what if you want Microsoft Word to open instead? You can also set your default web browser and email reader.
How to change the default Mac app for specific file types
What Is The Default Browser For Mac Osx Chrome Safari Internet Explorer Firefox
- Right-click on a file that uses the file type you'd like to change the default for. For example, one with a .jpg extension (a photo).
- Click on Get Info in the pop-up.
- Click Open With if the section isn't already expanded.
Click the dropdown and choose an app.
- Click Change All...
Click Continue when the Finder asks you if you're sure.
Now any time you open a file with that extension, the Finder will automatically open it with the app you've selected.
How to set your default web browser
- Launch System Preferences from the dock, Finder, or by clicking the button.
- Click General at the top left of the window.
- Click the dropdown next to Default web browser.
Click the web browser you'd like to use as the default.
How to set you default email reader
Mail is likely the default email app on your Mac, but just in case you have others downloaded, you can set the default reader. Here's how:
- Launch Mail from your dock or the Finder.
- Click Mail in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click Preferences.
- Click the dropdown next to Default Mail Reader.
Click the app you'd like to set as the default.
Firefox For Mac
Let us know in the comments below.
Updated March 2019: Updated for macOS Mojave!
What Is Default Browser Mean
STELA for Apple Arcade is a shallow, sadistic, totally fun game
Can you outrun killer dark shadows? Take leaps of faith into the unknown? Traverse a world where nothing is what it seems? STELA will test your mettle.