- Nirsoft Wireless Network Watcher
- Wireless Network Watcher Cnet
- Wireless Network Watcher For Mac Os
- Wireless Network Watcher Download For Mac
Wireless Network Watcher is a free WiFi network scanning software that displays computers and devices connected to the network, free of charge. With this software, you can check who is using your Wi-Fi network.
The Watcher installer is commonly called watcher5.dmg or Watcher%205.dmg etc. The latest setup file that can be downloaded is 3.2 MB in size. This app's bundle is identified as com.sierrawireless.WatcherLite. This software for Mac OS X is an intellectual property of Alorsoft. Wireless Network Watcher is a small utility that scans your wireless network and displays the list of all computers and devices that are currently connected to your network. For every computer or device that is connected to your network, the following information is displayed: IP address, MAC address, the company that manufactured the network card, and optionally the computer name.
For each detected device connection, the Wireless Network Watcher will display information about the IP address, MAC address, network card manufacturer, device name. You can extract the list of devices in html / xml / csv / text or copy them to the clipboard and paste them into Excel or another spreadsheet application.
Wireless Network Watcher will list the devices with network connectivity and other information
The main feature of Wireless Network Watcher
- Wireless Network Watcher works well on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- Wireless Network Watcher can only scan for a wireless network that your computer is connected to, it cannot scan other wireless networks.
- There are a few cases where Wireless Network Watcher does not detect the correct wireless network adapter, then you need to go to Advanced Options (shortcut key F9), and select the correct network adapter.
- Wireless Network Watcher is designed to scan for wireless networks, but you can still use it to scan a small wired network.
Use Wireless Network Watcher
Nirsoft Wireless Network Watcher
Wireless Network Watcher doesn’t require you to install or add dll files at all. To start using Wireless Network Watcher, you just need to extract the WNetWatcher.exe executable file and run it.
If you wish, you can also download the WNetWatcher version with full installation support (wnetwatcher_setup.exe), with which you will have a Wireless Network Watcher program shortcut to be able to launch it from the Start menu.
After running WNetWatcher, it will automatically locate the wireless adapter and scan your local network. After a few seconds, you should be able to see the list of computers currently connected to the network.
If for some reason, WNetWatcher fails to scan and locate the network, you can try manually selecting the network adapter by pressing F9 (Advanced Options) and selecting the correct network to scan.
Describe the column information in the Wireless Network Watcher
– IP Address : The IP address of the device or computer.
– Device Name : The name of the device or computer. This field may be blank if the computer or device does not provide a name.
Wireless Network Watcher Cnet
– MAC Address : The MAC address of the network adapter.
– Network Adapter Company : Manufacturer of network adapter. This column can help you detect the type of device or computer. For example, if the company name is Apple, this connected device could be Mac, iPhone or iPad.
By default, this utility uses the internal MAC address database stored inside the .exe file, but not always the latest MAC addresses. You can manually download the latest MAC address file from http://standards.ieee.org/develop/regauth/oui/oui.txt and then place the oui.txt file into the same directory as the file. WNetWatcher.exe. Then, if you run WNetWatcher , the program will automatically use the external oui.txt file instead of the internal MAC address database.
– Device Information : This column displays ‘Your Computer’ if the device is the computer you are using. The column will show ‘Your Router’ if the device is a wireless router.
– User Text : You can assign a text content to any device detected by WNetWatcher. By default, this field displays the name of the device. To change User Text, just double click on it and type the desired text.
Wireless Network Watcher For Mac Os
– Active : This field helps you determine if this device is still active or not. When the device is no longer active, this value will change from ‘ Yes ‘ to ‘ No ‘.